What is Home Staging?
Home Staging is a process that is used to prepare your home for sale so that you get the best value once you sell. It showcases the best features of your home and creates a move in ready home, that appeals to more home buyers. This is the only service in preparation for selling a property that actually brings measurable value.
Most buyers form an opinion about a home within the first 7-10 seconds of arriving. It is estimated that only 10% of home buyers can visualize the potential of a home. That means 90% are not going to be able to look past dirt, clutter, and imperfections.
According to studies, the average staging investment is between 1 and 3% of the home’s asking price, which generates a return of 8 to 10% which is a pretty good investment.
- Home staging secures equity – staged properties sell for more money and have fewer days on market.
- On average staged homes spend 83% less time on the market than non-staged homes
- Home staging provides a huge edge over the competition in a competitive real estate market.
- 63% of home buyers said they would pay more money for a house which is move in ready – which means more money for you.
- It is essential if you want to secure the most ROI (Return on Investment) in the shortest time.
Most people question whether Home Staging is worthwhile. Here is a an overview of the thousands you can potentially save…
Here’s is the Math:
- Cost of Monthly Mortgage: $1,500
- Monthly Utility/Carrying Costs: $500
- Total Monthly Cost: $2,000
- Average Days on Market: 100 days = just over 3 months
- 3 Months on Market x Monthly Cost = $6,000 of money out of your pocket!
- Price reductions on For Sale Homes usually begin within 3-4 weeks of a house being on the market.
- Reductions start at about $10,000
- So after 100 days of being on the market, which would include at least one price reduction, your total costs of not staging your home is $16,000
Here’s the Logic :
- Staging reduces time on market to an average of 23 days
- Less than one month on the market will save you two months of expenses ($4,000) and one price reduction ($10,000)
- You save over $14,000
Fees Start at $475.00 (Rental items quoted separately)
Whether you’re looking for that ‘WOW’ factor for a couple rooms or looking to have your entire house staged I am here to help!
I can work with what you have or bring in accessories and/or furniture as required. Together we work on transforming your home to get it looking its best! I focus on the areas which have the greatest impact on potential buyers so you get the most value for your home.
STEP 1: The Consultation
This is where I come out for a visit to assess the condition of your home. You receive a detailed and prioritized report, covering everything from curb appeal, to furniture placement and minor repairs. Some people are content with just this part of the process and will implement the recommendations on their own. For those that need further assistance we can then proceed to Step 2.
STEP 2: Preparing Your Home
Once the condition is assessed and agreed upon, I put together an action plan in order of priority and together we begin the preparations.
STEP 3: Showcasing Your Home
Once the preparations are complete the final touches are put in place and your home gets staged for maximum resale value.
Vacant Home Staging
Fees start at $1800
When a potential homeowner views a house, whether online or in person, it is crucial that they be able to see it as a home. Staging a vacant property enables buyers to connect emotionally to a home and to see it at its full potential. If furniture and accessories are needed to ensure that your property shows its best I will make all the arrangements. I also have a team of contractors I work with such as painters, etc., and can deal with them on your behalf, if required.
Step 1: I will come and view the space, take photos, measurements etc.
Step 2: A report is then generated and will detail an estimate to furnish and accessorize your property.
E-Design Home Staging (Rental Items)
Fees start at $75.00
This appeals mostly for the ‘Do-It-Yourself’ Client who requires items to add the “wow” factor to a room or rooms in their home. Nadia By Design offers a wide range of home decor items for purchase or rental and can custom design packages specifically tailored to the space that needs to be styled.
Accessories rental service process:
Step 1: Fill in the questionnaire with details of the room(s) that you require accessories and art for.
Step 2:Upload or Email a picture (s) of the room (s) to my email address or Pinterest
Step 3: I will source from my inventory, package, and deliver items to your door for you to style the room.
Assisted Home Staging
Fee $75/hr (3hr minimum)
If you want to take a more ‘hands on’ approach to staging your home, but don’t quite know how to pull it altogether, you can opt for Homeowner Assisted Staging. We can work as a team and as a Designer with a discernible eye, I will help you refine your home and get it looking its best.
We carry a wide selection of Paintings and Home Accessories which are ready for purchase or rental.
Remember Home Staging is an investment, not a cost.